Email: “pye” At "perimeterinstitute.ca"
Affiliation: Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Research area: Condensed Matter Theory (cond-mat.str-cl; cond-mat.supr-con, etc.)
I am a theoretical physicist in condensed matter physics. I show interests in strongly correlated electron systems. Currently, I am concentrating on the topics of the following keywords:
- Symmetry-protected topological phases (SPT): Physics and Mathematics;
- Exact analytic approach to low-dimensional spin systems;
- Projective construction of fractional quantum Hall states and SPT;
- Topological quantum field theory (TQFT) in various dimensions;
- Entanglement spectrum and entanglement entropy in topological states of matter;
- Weyl semi-metal, anomalous transport;
- Theory of underdoped copper-oxide high-$T_c$ compounds, ……
(9/2003-7/2007) undergraduate, Bachelor of Science, Physics
(9/2007-7/2012) PhD, Physics
in Institute for Advanced Study (IASTU), Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
PhD Supervisor: Prof. Zheng-Yu Weng
Research area: Condensed Matter Theory
PhD Thesis title: Quantum Magnetism and High-Temperature Superconductivity in t-J model
(Since 9/2012) Postdoctoral Fellow, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Research Travel Grant is provided by Perimeter Institute through Government of Canada and Province of Ontario.
Some Academic Activities / Services
- (3/2011) Talk, 2011 March Meeting of American Physical Society in Dallas, Texas, USA.
- (3/2011-4/2011) Visiting Scholar in Stanford University, California, USA.
- (12/2011-1/2012) Visiting Student in Stanford University, California, USA.
- (9/2011-12/2011) "Topomat11" workshop in KITP, UCSB (University of California at Santa Barbara), Santa Barbara, CA, USA.
- (11/2012) UIUC-PI joint workshop, Institute for Condensed Matter Physics (ICMT), UIUC, Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA.
- (2/2013) Institute for Advanced Study, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- (3/2013) 2013 March Meeting, Baltimore, ML, USA.
- (3/2013) Seminar talk, Stanford University, CA, USA.
- (5/2013) Talk, Conference "Emergence and Entanglement II", Perimeter Institute, Waterloo, Canada
- (7/2013) Talk, Conference "Summer Forum on the interplay of Symmetry and Topology", Institute for Advanced Study, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- (7/2013) Seminar Talk, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
- (10/2013) Talk and organizer, Annual meeting of condensed matter group, Perimeter Institute.
- (12/2013) Lecture talks on theory of SPT, Department of Physics, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China.
- (1/2014) Aspen Center for Physics, Aspen, CO, USA.
- (3/2014) Talk, APS march meeting, Denver, CO, USA.
- (3/2014) Talk, Princeton Center for Theoretical Science (PCTS), Princeton University, NJ, USA.
- (10/2014) Talk, Institute for Condensed Matter Theory, UIUC-PI joint workshop, UIUC, Urbana, IL, USA.
- (10/2014) GLAM theory seminar talk, Department of Physics, Stanford University, Stanford CA, USA.
- (10/2014) Talk, Physics Department, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA.
- (11/2014) Talk, Department of Physics, University of Toronto, Canada.
Scientific Service: Regular Referee of Physical Review Letters (PRL), Physical Review X (PRX), and Physical Review B (PRB) published by American Physical Society, and referee of some other cond-mat journals.
Academic Honors / Awards
- Chen Ning Yang Fellowship (Tsinghua, 13 Sep., 2007)
- The Best Poster Award in Annual Meeting of Chinese Physical Society (Nankai Univ., Sep. 2010)
- Tsinghua Excellent Graduate Student Scholarship (Minor Award) (Tsinghua, Oct., 2010)
- Tsinghua Scholarship for Overseas Graduate Studies (Tsinghua, July, 2011)
- Tsinghua Excellent Graduate Student Scholarship (Major Award) (Tsinghua, Oct. 2011)
- Graduation with Distinction of Beijing City (Jul. 2012)
- Tsinghua Outstanding PhD Dissertation (Major Award) (Jul. 2012)
- SYSU Excellence Award (Third-Class Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2004).
- SYSU Excellence Award (Minor Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2005)
- SYSU Excellence Award (Major Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2006)
- Japan Sumitomo Corporation Scholarship (SYSU, Sep. 2006)
- 2007 SYSU Graduation with Distinction (SYSU Degree Ceremony, July, 2007)
[YeXX]: XX stands for the year during which the first version was finalized.
[Xp]: X stands for the total pages for a selected long paper (typically $\geq 15$) in the up-to-date arXiv version.
All my research papers (except [Ye07]) can be found in: http://arxiv.org/a/ye_p_1
[Ye14e] PY, Invited Review Article, to appear.
Title: about SPT.
[Ye14d] Ching Hua Lee and PY, [arXiv:1410.8670]
Title: Free-fermion entanglement spectrum through Wannier interpolation
[Ye14c] PY and Zheng-Cheng Gu, [arXiv:1410.2594]
Title: Vortex-line condensation in three dimensions: A physical mechanism of bosonic topological insulators
[Ye14b] Zheng-Xin Liu, Jia-Wei Mei, PY, and Xiao-Gang Wen, [arXiv:1408.1676]
Title: U(1)$\times$U(1) symmetry protected topological order in Gutzwiller wave functions
[Ye13b] PY and Juven Wang, Phys. Rev. B 88, 235109 (2013). [arXiv:1306.3695] [23p]
Title: Symmetry-protected topological phases with charge and spin symmetries: Response theory and dynamical gauge theory in two and three dimensions
[Ye13a] PY and Xiao-Gang Wen, Phys. Rev. B 89, 045127 (2014). [arXiv:1303.3572v3] [22p]
Title: Constructing symmetric topological phases of bosons in three dimensions via fermionic projective construction and dyon condensation
[Ye12c] PY and Xiao-Gang Wen, Phys. Rev. B 87, 195128 (2013). [arXiv:1212.2121]
Title: Projective construction of two-dimensional symmetry-protected topological phases with U(1), SO(3), or SU(2) symmetries
[Ye11a] PY, Chu-Shun Tian, Xiao-Liang Qi, and Zheng-Yu Weng, Nucl. Phys. B 854, 815 (2012). [arXiv:1106.1223] [19p]
Title: Electron fractionalization and unconventional order parameters of the t-J model
[Ye10] PY, Chu-Shun Tian, Xiao-Liang Qi, and Zheng-Yu Weng, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 147002 (2011). [arXiv:1007.2507]
Title: Confinement-deconfinement interplay in quantum phases of doped Mott insulators
[Ye07] PY, X.-L. Yu, Y. Guan, and X.-Q. Luo, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 22, 547 (2007).
Title: Overlap fermions in the strong coupling limit