Email: “yphysics” At "illinois.edu"
Affiliation: Institute for Condensed Matter Theory, Department of Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), IL USA.
I am a theorist in condensed matter physics. I show interests in a broad spectrum of research topics, including but not limited to: superconductivity, symmetry-protected topological phases, topological quantum field theory, strongly interacting topological insulators, lattice twist defects, Weyl semi-metal, two and three-dimensional spin liquids.
(9/2003-7/2007) undergraduate, Bachelor of Science, Physics
(9/2007-7/2012) PhD, Physics
in Institute for Advanced Study (IASTU), Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
PhD Supervisor: Prof. Zheng-Yu Weng
Research area: Condensed Matter Theory
PhD research supported by: C. N. Yang Fellowship
PhD Thesis title: Quantum Magnetism and High-Temperature Superconductivity in t-J model
Postdoctoral Researcher, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Supported by 3-year research grant. work with PI researchers including Prof. Xiao-Gang Wen. CMT subject mentor: Prof. Sung-Sik Lee.
Regular Referee of Physical Review Letters (PRL), Physical Review X (PRX), Physical Review B (PRB), Annals of Physics, and referee of some other cond-mat journals.
**All research papers and bibtex files can be found in the permanent link: NASA-ADS
[16b] Yuxuan Wang and PY, [arXiv:1604.05311]
Title: Topological density-wave states in a particle-hole symmetric Weyl metal
[16a] PY, Taylor L. Hughes, Joseph Maciejko, and Eduardo Fradkin, [arXiv:1603.02696]
Title: Composite Particle Theory, Fractional Axion Angles, and Extrinsic Twist Defects in Three-Dimensional Gapped Fermionic Phases
 PY and Zheng-Cheng Gu, [arXiv:1508.05689] accepted by Phys. Rev. B
Title: Topological Quantum Field Theory of Three-Dimensional Bosonic Abelian-Symmetry-Protected Topological Phases
[13b] PY and Juven Wang, Phys. Rev. B 88, 235109 (2013). [arXiv:1306.3695]
Title: Symmetry-protected topological phases with charge and spin symmetries: Response theory and dynamical gauge theory in two and three dimensions
[13a] PY and Xiao-Gang Wen, Phys. Rev. B 89, 045127 (2014). [arXiv:1303.3572v3]
Title: Constructing symmetric topological phases of bosons in three dimensions via fermionic projective construction and dyon condensation
[12c] PY and Xiao-Gang Wen, Phys. Rev. B 87, 195128 (2013). [arXiv:1212.2121]
Title: Projective construction of two-dimensional symmetry-protected topological phases with U(1), SO(3), or SU(2) symmetries
 PY, X.-L. Yu, Y. Guan, and X.-Q. Luo, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 22, 547 (2007).
Title: Overlap fermions in the strong coupling limit
Some Academic Honors / Awards
- Chen Ning Yang Fellowship (Tsinghua, 13 Sep., 2007)
- The Best Poster Award in Annual Meeting of Chinese Physical Society (Nankai Univ., Sep. 2010)
- Tsinghua Excellent Graduate Student Scholarship (Minor Award) (Tsinghua, Oct., 2010)
- Tsinghua Scholarship for Overseas Graduate Studies (Tsinghua, July, 2011)
- Tsinghua Excellent Graduate Student Scholarship (Major Award) (Tsinghua, Oct. 2011)
- Graduation with Distinction of Beijing City (Jul. 2012)
- Tsinghua Outstanding PhD Dissertation (Major Award) (Jul. 2012)
- SYSU Excellence Award (Third-Class Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2004).
- SYSU Excellence Award (Minor Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2005)
- SYSU Excellence Award (Major Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2006)
- Japan Sumitomo Corporation Scholarship (SYSU, Sep. 2006)
- 2007 SYSU Graduation with Distinction (SYSU Degree Ceremony, July, 2007)