Email: “yphysics” At "illinois.edu"
Institute for Condensed Matter Theory, Department of Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), IL USA.
I am a theorist in condensed matter physics. I show interests in a broad spectrum of research topics.
(9/2003-7/2007) undergraduate, Bachelor of Science, Physics
(9/2007-7/2012) PhD, Physics
in Institute for Advanced Study (IASTU), Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
PhD Supervisor: Prof. Zheng-Yu Weng
Research area: Condensed Matter Theory
PhD Thesis title: Quantum Magnetism and High-Temperature Superconductivity in t-J model
Postdoctoral Fellow, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
[YeXX]: XX stands for the year during which the first version was finalized.
All research papers (except ) can be found in: http://arxiv.org/a/ye_p_1
References and Citations can be found in the right hand side of the arXiv page of the paper by clicking "NASA-ADS"
Intrinsic topological order, symmetry-protected topological order, etc.
[15a] PY and Zheng-Cheng Gu, [arXiv:1508.05689]
Title: Towards a Complete Topological Quantum Field Theory Description for Bosonic Symmetry-Protected-Topological Phases with Abelian Symmetry in Three Dimensions
More details can be found in [ICMT Seminar]
[14c] PY and Zheng-Cheng Gu, Phys. Rev. X 5, 021029 (2015). [arXiv:1410.2594] [20p]
Title: Vortex-line condensation in three dimensions: A physical mechanism of bosonic topological insulators
More details can be found in [Talk in UIUC] and [Talk in Taiwan] [News in the Media]
[14b] Zheng-Xin Liu, Jia-Wei Mei, PY, and Xiao-Gang Wen, Phys. Rev. B 90, 235146 (2014). [arXiv:1408.1676]
Title: U(1)$\times$U(1) symmetry protected topological order in Gutzwiller wave functions
[13b] PY and Juven Wang, Phys. Rev. B 88, 235109 (2013). [arXiv:1306.3695] [23p]
Title: Symmetry-protected topological phases with charge and spin symmetries: Response theory and dynamical gauge theory in two and three dimensions
[13a] PY and Xiao-Gang Wen, Phys. Rev. B 89, 045127 (2014). [arXiv:1303.3572v3] [22p]
Title: Constructing symmetric topological phases of bosons in three dimensions via fermionic projective construction and dyon condensation
[12c] PY and Xiao-Gang Wen, Phys. Rev. B 87, 195128 (2013). [arXiv:1212.2121]
Title: Projective construction of two-dimensional symmetry-protected topological phases with U(1), SO(3), or SU(2) symmetries
Theory of realistic solid-state materials
[11a] PY, Chu-Shun Tian, Xiao-Liang Qi, and Zheng-Yu Weng, Nucl. Phys. B 854, 815 (2012). [arXiv:1106.1223] [19p]
Title: Electron fractionalization and unconventional order parameters of the t-J model
Quantum entanglement, and so on
 PY, X.-L. Yu, Y. Guan, and X.-Q. Luo, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 22, 547 (2007).
Title: Overlap fermions in the strong coupling limit
Scientific Service: Regular Referee of Physical Review Letters (PRL), Physical Review X (PRX), Physical Review B (PRB), Annals of Physics, and referee of some other cond-mat journals.
Some Academic Honors / Awards
- Chen Ning Yang Fellowship (Tsinghua, 13 Sep., 2007)
- The Best Poster Award in Annual Meeting of Chinese Physical Society (Nankai Univ., Sep. 2010)
- Tsinghua Excellent Graduate Student Scholarship (Minor Award) (Tsinghua, Oct., 2010)
- Tsinghua Scholarship for Overseas Graduate Studies (Tsinghua, July, 2011)
- Tsinghua Excellent Graduate Student Scholarship (Major Award) (Tsinghua, Oct. 2011)
- Graduation with Distinction of Beijing City (Jul. 2012)
- Tsinghua Outstanding PhD Dissertation (Major Award) (Jul. 2012)
- SYSU Excellence Award (Third-Class Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2004).
- SYSU Excellence Award (Minor Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2005)
- SYSU Excellence Award (Major Award) (SYSU, Sep. 2006)
- Japan Sumitomo Corporation Scholarship (SYSU, Sep. 2006)
- 2007 SYSU Graduation with Distinction (SYSU Degree Ceremony, July, 2007)